View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 AM
kaykwilts

I thought I would share with the Board my Easter miracle. Last night about 7:45 pm my husband was on our mower mowing close to the edge of the pond. He hadn't mowed there yet this year, and the grass was pretty overgrown. Due to the lower light of dusk, him being tired, and the overgrowth, he misjudged where the drop-off of the bank was. The mower got stuck, and as he tried to maneuver it away from the bank, it turned backwards and began sliding down the bank. Thinking quickly, he turned off the blades and hit the kill switch for the motor. As I watched in horror from the hot tub (I had just gotten in) he slide backwards into knee deep water....where the motor made a few bubbling sounds and then all was silent.

What's the miracle?? That the mower didn't flip over on top of him...that when the rope we were using tied to the tow tether broke the resulting hook flying through the air only put a dent in the back of our van and didn't hurt our two daughters standing nearby....that our very busy but kind neighbor with a tractor came over and helped us pull it out...that no one has complained of itching from all the poison ivy on the bank edge that we all had to wade through and reach around as we tried to pull the mower out....that he wasn't injured except his pride, as he is really angry at himself for misjudging the edge, mowing in lowered light, and mowing when he was tired.........It all could have been so very much worse. A fact I reminded him of when he awoke at 2am this morning with a nightmare from the whole thing.

And now, we will have to take it in to the repair shop, which means being without it for several days....so the completed miracle to all this will be that we have no more rain until we get the mower back (I know that is selfish of me, but hey, the grass is already overgrown in places around the 10 acres we have to mow), and that the engine block is not cracked (which would mean we would have to replace the entire motor...could cost as much as $4000 for a new engine), and that the electrical components aren't messed up.......I will let you all know how this turns out.

But today, we are all alive, healthy, the mower is out of the pond, and, while this is a set back, we will be ok, no matter what happens.

All of us have situations in our lives that play out in ways we don't expect. Some good, some bad....

But if you had to be thankful for something this Resurrection Day...if you had to label something in your life a miracle....what would your Easter miracle be?