Thread: EQ 6 ???
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Crafty1

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I downloaded Irfanview and you can resize the picture / add words(text) enhance the color/and alot more stuff. It is free. I use it all the time. I would hate to be without it. Just search Irfanview and you will find links for a free download. When the color of a scanned fabric doesn't look right I play with the color til it suits me.
I downloaded it and it's working!!!! The problem I guess what I was doing doing is taking the picture of the fabrics and cropping it to 200x200 (the program I have I couldn't resize it so I had to crop) but when I go to import it it gets distorted. Example, say the fabric is calico, I'd cut to 200x200. Then I import it and all I got was 1 or so little itty bitty flower. So that's why I was wanting to get a scanner. But now, I actually get the actual picture of the whole fabric in 200x134 (not sure why it's 200x134 cause I want 200x200 but oh well) and when I design with it, you see the whole fabric. All the flowers patterns are there... Does that make sense??? Anyways, thanks so much!!! Maybe I'll hold off on the scanner and get more fabric, LOL