Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ 6 ??? >

EQ 6 ???

EQ 6 ???

Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

I have an HP photosmart C4280 all in one and I love it. I used to have an Epson and I had to keep uninstallilng and reinstalling the drive it was not fun. But this one is great. It's easy to use and the ink is only $17 for the color and $20 for the black at Walmart. That is half of the epson.
I downloaded Irfanview and you can resize the picture / add words(text)
enhance the color/and alot more stuff. It is free. I use it all the time. I would hate to be without it. Just search Irfanview and you will find links for a free download. When the color of a scanned fabric doesn't look right I play with the color til it suits me.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I downloaded Irfanview and you can resize the picture / add words(text) enhance the color/and alot more stuff. It is free. I use it all the time. I would hate to be without it. Just search Irfanview and you will find links for a free download. When the color of a scanned fabric doesn't look right I play with the color til it suits me.
I downloaded it and it's working!!!! The problem I guess what I was doing doing is taking the picture of the fabrics and cropping it to 200x200 (the program I have I couldn't resize it so I had to crop) but when I go to import it it gets distorted. Example, say the fabric is calico, I'd cut to 200x200. Then I import it and all I got was 1 or so little itty bitty flower. So that's why I was wanting to get a scanner. But now, I actually get the actual picture of the whole fabric in 200x134 (not sure why it's 200x134 cause I want 200x200 but oh well) and when I design with it, you see the whole fabric. All the flowers patterns are there... Does that make sense??? Anyways, thanks so much!!! Maybe I'll hold off on the scanner and get more fabric, LOL
Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

I'm so glad it works for you!! :D I use mine nearly everyday. I use it to change types of files so I can add them to my web sites and on here. I would hate!!! to be without it. A tech from my first web site told me about it more than a year ago and I think it was the best tip I ever got!! Strange name but that's because the guy who created it his name is Irfan something( forgot his last name)
I have to change the EQ pictures from bitmaps to jpg and sometimes I forget then I have to go back and change them with Irfanview. Tedious but necessary.
I'm so glad it solved your problem!! Now you hava to show us some pictures!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

One more thing - when I started adding fabric to my library I didn't know anything about sizing pictures so I was adding the scanned pictures as is. I ended up with having problems adding more fabric because I had used too large of files on each picture.(it scanned them at 1300 or 1700 etc) By the time I found this out I had added most of my favorites and had designed over a thousand differant designs. It was recommended that I go back and resize everything! That would have taken forever!!! So I just try to be careful now and my EQ no longer keeps telling me I don't have enough memory so I quess it's ok now. I'm not very up on things like this.
So if anyone decides to scan for the first time be warned to make sure you resize your pictures before you add them to your library!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize I needed to do that.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

I didn't either until my EQ wouldn't let me add anything more. I was told to either resize everything or buy a new program. I have resized some and I deleted some designs I didn't really care about so I got a little memory back and I think my computer has increased my memory since then so I am ok again but I am more aware of the size of my picture files now.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:19 PM

Do you know if I can use it on my Laptop as well as my desktop computer??
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jemcnutt
Do you know if I can use it on my Laptop as well as my desktop computer??
When you buy it, you can download it up to four times, so yes, you could put it on both your computers. :-D
Old 03-25-2010, 02:16 PM

Thanks so much for the quick reply!!