Thread: Baby dolls
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Katia

I decided to make a soft baby doll for my grand daughters first birthday and found this pattern. I used to make dolls a lot when my girls were young and always loved it so this was a fun break from the usual.

When planning to make the doll my husband told me he needed a baby gift for a coworker and could I make two. Sure, make two is not that much more then making one and these are pretty simple. So I made two. Well, I was putting the head on the boy doll and my husband realized that he forgot to tell me that his coworker might, maybe, possibly prefer a baby doll of color. We were not sure what to do, so I told him to be honest and ask her. So he did and she told him that since she is actually islander and would not care, but her husband is black and his family might care.

So I made another. Hubby was even kind enough to pick up the fabric I needed for the right head. He gave it to her the other night at work and she was so excited she was squealing and jumping up and down. She told him yesterday that her inlaw's loved it too and they even named it Baby Roger. I guess the new baby has little twin cousins and they can not say his name, which is Elijah, so they call him Roger. So cute. It is always nice when you hear that a gift is loved and appreciated.

Now I just hope my own grand daughter likes her pink baby.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-188745.jpe   attachment-188746.jpe