Old 03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Barb M

Originally Posted by b.zang
Yup, another #3er. I think it's because you added the wallhanging with the roses in the middle.
What makes that wall hanging an HD wall hanging? Are roses associated with HD?
I'm calling it an hd wallhanging because the wallhanging i am giving as a gift to the hd clinic at ubc to be hung on the wall in the waiting room, as a thank you for all they've done for me, and the roses, i just made that up myself. The wallhanging will have a poem on the label that will say this:
I am a rose that has no stem, but i am not alone
Many leaves surround and care for me, and help me through life's storms
I am a rose, and i have Huntington's Disease
And someday soon, all roses will have stems

So it's just something i made up. And the queensize quilt, that i'm struggling with now lol, is going to be a raffle quilt, and the money will go directly to the Michael Haeyden lab at ubc, he's one of the top researchers in the world working on hd :) And im going to make an annual raffle quilt.

Thank you so much everyone4 for your ideas. Funny when you have a bunch of blocks, and think they're gonna look a certain way, but then you lay them out and oh crap lol lol

I agree with everyone, i'm working on adding a burgandy border around the centre part, just like the wallhanging, that will make it pop more, and im making a few more changes too, that i will lay out and show you guys when i have them done :) :) :)

Sharon, hd is, it's huntington's disease, im in the eqarly stages, but doing real good, it's kind of like a mix between alzheimers and parkinsons :) :) :)