View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 AM
quiltmaker

This is the SIDS network site:

http://sids-network.org/facts.htm

It states SIDS is NOT caused by suffocation!

You can google SIDS and see the government sites as well and many others. No one truly knows why this happens. It is something within the baby that causes this....there are a lot of speculations but no true answers. As stated a Mother could do everything by the book her physican tells her to do and her baby could still die of SIDS. Whether it be 60 years ago or today. No one would do anything intentionally to hurt her baby...but the scare tactics, and just outright speculations do nothing to help first time mothers and their apprehensions. Of course we all want every baby to survive but they all won't for whatever reason. I'm just sick to death of all the hype without even Doctors knowing what condition in the baby causes them to die from SIDS. That is what it is....a condition within the baby. Not some external force at play.

Mothers can and should do everything possible to protect their babies but common sense is still the most important factor in raising a child. Unfortunately not everyone has much common sense so the government has created all sorts of rules and guidelines and Doctors have to protect themselves from being sued. I am just so glad I lived in the time where Mother's were respected and knew the best for their child and if they were concerned about something they talked with their Doctor and nothing was shoved down their throats by people who pretend to know better.

ptquilts, don't hold your breath, I doubt there will even be social security from your grandchildren if they are very young. If things keep going like they are they won't have any money and will be living off the government themselves. I'm not inferring you will be because we all put our money in the pot for our government to waste as they saw fit....another group who pretends to know what is best.