View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:56 PM
SundarKoyal

Originally Posted by Mattee
Dumbest? really? Babies are supposed to be dressed in a manner that an adult would find comfortable in order to avoid over- or under-dressing them. Do adults all sleep with multiple layers of covers on their arms? Of course not. A sleeveless sleep sack does not mean that their arms are uncovered. Babies wear something under the sack.

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla
I am an RN and I think that a SLEEVELESS sack to put a baby in is about the dumbest thing I ever heard of. Hands and arms get just as cold as feet and legs especially in very young babies who have a poorly developed circulatory system and very little subcutaneous fat to help keep them warm.

Buntings in days of yore covered everything but the babies face and if they turned their head, they could suffocate. Where will it all end? Let the parents decide based on good sense (seemingly lacking here) and what their OWN physician advises.
Yeah, I actually do sleep with multiple layers on my arms when it is cold. Sometimes I even sleep with not only my PJ's but with my thick robe to bed. When my extremities are warm... the rest of me keeps warm.