Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Havplenty

April I appreciate your leadership in this swap. Reading through the threads and seeing your comments and guidance to others has given me the push I need to participate in this challenge. I see that you are a good leader and plan to keep this a fun swap open to everyone of all skill levels. Perfection comes with practice and time and if the right encouragement and leadership is there, those involved will begin to rise to the challenge.

With that said I am a modern/comtemporary quilter using bold colors and textures to achieve dimension in my projects. This comes from my many years of sewing and designing my own boutique clothing line. I am fairly new to quilting (2.5 years) so my take on what's normal will probably be a bit different than some others in this swap. When using expressive fabrics sometimes less is more when designing the blocks. I hope to do a respectable job when making blocks for others in this swap and I can only hope they will be open to my intrepretations also. I will try to stick to some line of "traditional" but I cannot promise that. Please love me anyways. :-D Mary

[quote=LovingIzabella]
Originally Posted by DonnaD
Thank you April, you said that so nicely...
But.... the purpose is to have fun and learn and get lots of new blocks... And if you're expecting perfection, maybe this isn't the right place to be.

Now if someone wants to start a swap for advanced quilters with more stringent guidelines, then that would be different, wouldn't it?....

DonnaD
Thank you for your kind words. I am here to try and make sure this swap does not turn in to a police state. We all need constructive critisicism from time to time but here is not the place to limit people to what they can try or use. I think as pictures are posted people begin to see and get a real flavor for good blocks versus "ummm maybe not again" blocks and oh boy I love those colors or again "ummm maybe not again". I am always here to answer questions and if there is an issue PM me and I WILL take care of it in a kind and supportive way.

There is no rule against establishing a more advanced swap but this is for all skill levels and will remain that way :thumbup:

Hugs
April