Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by Havplenty
April I appreciate your leadership in this swap. Reading through the threads and seeing your comments and guidance to others has given me the push I need to participate in this challenge. I see that you are a good leader and plan to keep this a fun swap open to everyone of all skill levels. Perfection comes with practice and time and if the right encouragement and leadership is there, those involved will begin to rise to the challenge.

With that said I am a modern/comtemporary quilter using bold colors and textures to achieve dimension in my projects. This comes from my many years of sewing and designing my own boutique clothing line. I am fairly new to quilting (2.5 years) so my take on what's normal will probably be a bit different than some others in this swap. When using expressive fabrics sometimes less is more when designing the blocks. I hope to do a respectable job when making blocks for others in this swap and I can only hope they will be open to my intrepretations also. I will try to stick to some line of "traditional" but I cannot promise that. Please love me anyways. :-D Mary
No need for promises-we will enjoy whatever you decide to make and what is normal for you could open the eyes of others to a whole new world so it is more than welcome :-) So very glad you decided to join this swap and I thank you for your kind words. I try to lead this swap as best I can and make sure everyone involved has a good time as well as a learning environment that is healthy...and making friends along the way is the biggest plus :-)
Hope you enjoy the swap.
Hugs
April