Thread: Which Browser
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:02 AM
thepolyparrot

I have IE9 on the computer that I'm migrating from and I'm about to put IE9 on this one - just got it yesterday. I started with the beta version of 9 and really liked it - very stable and some of the features are good ideas.

I used to be into all the non-Microsoft alternatives like Opera and Firefox, but I've gotten un-geeky in my old age. ;)

I don't want to troubleshoot hardware and software issues any more. I don't want to upgrade my own RAM or video card, much less install a new internal drive. I don't want to wrestle with registry errors any more.

I want my computer to sit here and wait for me until I need it to do something and then I want it to just do it. :mrgreen:

I want to go to a site and have it behave the way the author intended it to behave. And most sites are optimized for MSIE, whether they state that or not, because most users/visitors by far are using MSIE. Web authors who care about accessibility for the majority of their visitors write their pages for MSIE. (I haven't been a web writer for four years now, but visitor ease is one of your primary concerns - especially if you're writing a commercial site.)