View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Farm Quilter

Originally Posted by Mamagus
My husband's son and his girlfriend are soon going to be parents.
From that first line can you tell I don't really have a role in this? I want to be a grandma to this child and have made the quilt, ordered the crib, bought oodles of clothing for her... They live over halfway across the country, so I won't get to see her very much.

Matt has already told his dad that his Mom's new husband will NOT be "Poppy-Kevin". So that leaves me wondering if that was a hint... I will not be "Nanny Lori".
Amazing how unnecessarily hurtful people can be. What would it hurt for step-parents to be included in the grandparent names?

I have 3 daughters and my DH has 3 daughters and 1 son. So far only my oldest daughter has given us a granddaughter. She calls me Nonie and my DH is BoomPa. Her other grandmother is Paka (her name is Pat and this is what my DGD came up with on her own). Her two other grandfathers are Granddad and PopPop.

If my DD had tried to have my DGD call my DH by his first name, she certainly would have heard from me that she was being an immature, hurtful brat and that would NOT be happening. I'm so glad I didn't have to go there with her, but I won't tolerate that kind of intentional rudeness.