View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 03:02 PM
suern3

[quote=Kathi in PA]I had the same problem with my DH's sons being the 2nd wife. But when DH's oldest son and DIL were expecting Lucas, I called DS and asked if it would be alright to sign the quilt label as Grandma Kathi. After all, Lucas was going to be born knowing Papaw and I as his grandparents and DS said that would be perfectly fine. I think it helps to ask first makes them feel that you are taking their feelings into consideration and it will certainly let them know that you genuinely will love this new baby and that you care about them, too. If I hadn't asked, I think it could have been a very embarassing moment when they opened Lucas's quilt at the baby shower!!!

I would go with this advice. Ask them. For now I think you are wondering how to sign the quilt (and good for you for making a label.) In the end, it seems the grandkids call us what they like. My 4 year old DGD now differentiates between her two sets of grandparents by saying grandma Joey or grandma Lucy which are our dogs names!
It is so much fun seeing what they come up with.