Thread: GLUE
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 07:19 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Quote has been edited:

Originally Posted by toadmomma
. . . When a person answers a question that is not a positive answer by majority opinion everyone goes on the defensive and makes references to the offender throughout the post. First off sometimes we dont always think what we write is ment to be taken to heart its just a quick comment. not a total thought. Second this happening will make alot of people not comment for fear of retaliation and more embarassment than they already gave themselves by putting their foot in their mouths. . . .Whats the saying about letting things slide off your back? and not take it so personnal. . . . DEB
This is not the only thread that this has happened on.

I also see no reason to jump all over a person that does not want to try it - or does not like or want to try any particular pattern or technique.

However, back to trying glue - I haven't tried it - until I have, I probably should not make any judgments about how well the technique does - or does not - work.

There seem to be a lot of skilled quilters that do use it.

My main concerns about using glue/paste are:

Would it come out? Would it stain or discolor the fabrics? Would it be hard to sew through?

Using glue might make my finished products better. As is, I think they turn out quite well without using glue.

A lot of techniques/processes we take for granted now are relatively new - and still criticized by some - such as rotary cutting, piecing by machine, quilting by machine, etc.