View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:08 AM
olebat

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
All in ONE suitcase? I need space every time I sew so it has to be at the d.r. table. I guess it's because I am use to doing everything in large quantities for a family of 5 kids over the years. Seven always seems to need space of any sort for anything! Including a full fridge and full freezer; claimed it was my side-by-side fridge my way! LOL
One suitcase? I wish. The small bag on the bench is my fabric bag and most small rulers/templates, then there are two small machine totes. The FW fits in one bag, with room for the two blue bags of cutting tools, a thread assortment, and the iron. There is some room to spare for WIP. The other, identical machine tote, is used for the light, extension cords, (with this set-up I won't need as many,) the pin box, (which is often in the fabric bag,) books, and other miscellanea. I can keep a basic set-up in the trailer, and need only tote the fabric. I left the big cutting mat behind the dinette bench. I'll trim it down before I start having guests.

Needless to mention, my mind has been working overtime on this. I can leave a complete set of sewing supplies in the trailer, including a machine, and carry nothing but kits and directions. I'll need another mini iron. Too bad Clover doesn't make those anymore. Just something small enough for seams. Time will tell.