View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 AM
ssgramma

Originally Posted by Parrothead
And we dressed (cocktail) up for the shows in Las Vegas. We were there last month and most were in tank tops and shorts. In the 60's not only did I wear gloves to church but so did my 3 little girls. And of course, hats.
We went to Vegas for 20th anniv and on a Wednesday evening DH was wearing his tux and I was wearing a black evening gown. We arrived for our dinner resi at Aureole and the maitre d told us how wonderful we looked, how no one dressed up anymore (and this was 9 years ago) and asked: "May I invite you to Swan Court?" We didn't know what that was but he walked us all the way through the restaurant and then went through a curtained doorway into a very dark, romantic area with tables spaced far apart and a door near each. Each door went to a patio area with a bench and chairs bordered by a stream with swans!

We proceeded to have the James Beard tasting menu and a nearly 4 hour dining experience that was absolutely fabulous.

Dressing up can pay off nicely - that was my 1st and only trip into the high-roller perk zone!