View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 AM
May in Jersey

I was in high school in the early 1950's when women first began wearing pants, called slacks back then, but only for very casual times never to school, work, parties, dates, or Heaven Forbid, church! After high school I worked in the accounting department of a big time New York City law office where wearing a slacks outfit was 'allowed' when we worked on Saturday, of course, our department was floors away from where any clients would be. I think it was in the 70's when I began wearing pants most of the time and at work pants outfits were something most women began wearing. Today I don't own a skirt and the only dresses I have in my closet are the gowns I wore for when my sons were married.

Cleaning out my dresser the other day and found some half slips, can't remember how many years it's been since I wore them. Threw them out as all the elastic had dried out. Do they even sell slips and half slips any longer?

As for hats I only have some knitted ones for winter wear and the straw one I wear to my Guild's annual Tea which was yesterday, plenty of hats and gloves worn by the members. May in Jersey