Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 AM
seamstome

Thanks. You are right my house faces DUE west not south!

Im so glad I am not alone. I put thermal shade on the window already plus window treatments. There are pine trees planted along that side which are almost as tall as the room. The rest of the house is shaded but the trees in this section either died or grew slower.

I have NO problems in the whole rest of the house but the only other bedroom big enough is the master and hubby is not going along with me on that one!

This is a second floor room in a peak with no attic above it. Im sure that insulating the house would do the trick but I have been either off or working part time for 4 months so I hesitate to drop alot of money into insulation right now.

I have a ceiling fan PLUS another fan and I switch the spin direction.

I found a window unit for casement windows, made by LG, but my hubby says I would have to pay a pro to mount it since it is up so high. Anyway, t is on back order at Home Depot. So that is about a 600 buck solution.

I am going to try the portable air conditioner solution first. I cannot vent it outside without taking the window apart or making some kind of covering out of plywood.

Cutting a hole in the side of my house is not an option.

I have those reflective window linings in my office which has the same problem. That would be easy and I think I can put some insulation on the garage side of the wall. That wall is a firewall and must be eight inches to a foot thick but it is still warm to the touch.

I need just a temporary fix because we plan on replacing the AC in the whole house in another year or two and I am going to zone it then.

I will tell me how it goes since I am going to pick up the portable air conditioner this week. I am going to just vent it to the hall way.