View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Gerbie

I like the ones from Wal Mart best. The top is clear plastic and easy to clean, no problem with leaking. Mine are at least 3 yrs. old. I have two hanging out front now. My DH bought some snap hooks and plastic coated rope, that's how we have ours hanging. How often do you need to use the spray for ants?
I put feeders out in early April when I saw first hummer.We have only seen four hummers this year, but it is so dry. Do any of you have the hummingbird vine? I am thinking about ordering one and planting it for them. They buzz me or my storm door when it's time to put feeders out.

Have any of you been to this site http/:www.ustream.tv-hummingbirdnestcam. Mamma had 2 babies hatch, 4-28 and 4-30 but the second one during the hatch, part of the egg stuck to mamma, and fell to the ground when she took off to go feed. Baby was picked up in a plastic spoon and returned it to the nest. She accepted it and tried feeding it, but couldn't get it to open it's beak to feed, so baby was taken out of the nest to rehab. It was feeding some, but died during the night 5-2. They are one of God's creations that are just a joy to watch.