View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Maggiemay

Originally Posted by feffertim
Originally Posted by Maggiemay
Our store has some things locked up- mainly the scissors, rotary cutters & blades. I don't hesitate to go up to the register or cutting table to ask them to send someone to help me if needed. I worked for JAF in the 80's & the theft problem we had were entire BOLTS of fabric were being stolen! It was the expensive silks & crepe de chines- they would yank out the bolts, stuff the fabric into whatever they were using & discard the bolts under the tables. It was a hard problem to deal with becuase the way the fabric is displayed there are a lot of blind spots in the store. I guess the same could be said today- the size of the stores & the way they are set up makes for a lot of places a dishonest person could pocket stuff. We ended up stapling the fabric to the bolts when they came it, but that took a lot of time.....sad- huh?
I did go to the register (1 clerk only) and asked for help, she told me the person at the cutting table would help me, she told me to take a number, I took # 79, THEY WERE SERVING # 61. Needless to say, I did not buy the ruler. My DD also wanted some decor apples, but all of them had a big bite out of them, Some kid had a party. LOL
That's too bad- I would have been fired if my store had service like that!