View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 02:21 PM
wordpaintervs

THE SPECIAL CREATION
© Vickey Stamps 4/20/11
The angel lay upon a bank of clouds looking down upon the world of God’s creation. What a wonderful day it was, for the sky above this bit of earth, was filled with blues of various shades. They seemed to blend and shimmer with a special illumination. Wispy clouds played hide and seek with the sun, seeming to focus on one of the humans, sitting beneath a willow near the edge of a small stream. The human dangled her feet into the rippling waters and smiled as she dreamed of what had been and what would soon be.
Now she placed a hand upon her stomach, gently rubbing it in a circle. She was large with child. Any day now and it would arrive. She had not wanted to know if it was a boy or girl. She prayed each night that it would be healthy. If it were not, life would go right along and she and her mate would love it just the same. She believed that all of life held reason and had a right to know of love.
The angel thought to itself, I remember this human before it was allowed to become a human. I was peeking around the corner. I saw the Lord give her grace. What a lucky woman she is. The angel got up and left for there was heavenly music to be about for praises to the King of Kings.
No sooner had she left, than she was replaced by another, who also looked down. I remember when this young woman was being prepared for birth. I saw the Lord give her joy. She watched as had the other angel, then went about her way.
First one and than another looked down upon the unsuspecting human beneath the tree, each remembering a gift, they had witness the Lord giving her. There was an inner beauty placed within her, not to mention a talent of helpfulness, a need to pray for others, a spirit of laughter and patience. There was strength given, that this human would be able to go hours without rest, while caring for a child or other loved one. There was the ability to be a good neighbor, and have a loving heart for others. There was the ability to be a teacher that her child might learn right from wrong. There was endurance to keep on, when others gave up. There was faith and hope. There was charity. There was a peace that would not go away no matter what went on in her world. This human was one of his extra special creations.
Finally the angels had all come and had gone. Now the Lord approached. He had a twinkle in His eye and a smile upon his face. Being who He was, he had heard clearly the angels as they lay on the bank of the cloud, one by one, recalling the various gifts bestowed upon the human. Now his smile grew larger. I shall have to let them know they all were right about the gifts. I will also tell them of the name for this special person. All like her I have endowed with those attributes. These special creations of mine,may use them freely should they wish. It is always their choice. I have named this wonderful creation ‘Mother’. Having said so, he sent a breeze to caress the cheek of the young woman, with her feet in the stream, dreaming of what tomorrow would bring.
LIFE WAS GOOD

Happy Mothers Day from Vickey Stamps