Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A Purse Full of Memories

My mom passed away unexpectedly three weeks ago. While cleaning out her apartment I came across a box of fabric she had tucked in the back of her bedroom closet. I made this from one of the piece's of fabric to send to my sister. Happy Mother's Day to all you moms. Hope have the opportunity to spend it with your mom.

Blessings!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I am sorry for your loss. The bag is a wonderful gift. I, too, do not have a mom, but I wish all women friends happy mothers day. Thank you for sharing.

It is a beautiful gift for your sister. One she will treasure I am sure. I spend mothers day with my mother everyday. Because she is always in my thoughts and memories.

Sorry about your loss,so hard when it's a Mother.
    Tomorrow will be a hard day.The purse is lovely.

Power Poster
    It's hard to lose one's Mom. ((Hugs))

Love the fabrics you used in the bag.

Blog Entries
    So sorry for your loss. The bag is priceless and will mean a lot to your sister. Like having a visit from mom!

Beautiful bag, and I'm sorry you have lost your mom. Mine has passed on as well, way too early. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there...

Blog Entries
    So sorry for your loss. The bag is lovely and will be such a nice gift for your sister.

What a thoughtful gift for your sister. I lost my mom on Christmas Eve 1977. And, I miss her every day. But, just think what a celebration was going on in Heaven that she got to see. The same can be said for Mother's Day. All the mothers up there will have a very special day!

So sorry about your mom. What a wonderful gift to your sister. Happy Mother's Day.

So sorry for your loss ... and how considerate of you to make this for your sister! I hope there's enough of the same for you to have a twin to it.

Have fun with Mom's stash and creating more memories!!! Nice gift from Mom to you!!!!!! :)

Sorry for your loss. That is an amazing gift for your sister. I'm sure it will be even more treasured because of where the fabric came from. My mom passed 15 years ago and Mother's is a tough day. I always spend my Mothers day morning at the cemetary planting flowers, washing her stone and cleaning the statue of Mary I placed there that she would have loved. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I too am sorry for your loss. Your mom had good taste in fabric because that purse it really pretty.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am sooooo sorry for you loss...your lovely purse will be a great bag to take a long when you do things your mom would love to do!

My mom has been in heaven for 13 years now. She was not really a sewer, but I do have a couple aprons she made in the 40's from feed sacks. I love them and remember her wearing them. They were well used.

Happy Mother's day, everyone. We do the most important job in the world.

Sorry about the loss of your Mom. The bag is beautiful and a nice gift for your sister.

Power Poster
    My condolences to you...and hugs!
    It is so thoughtful that you made your sister a "Mom" purse. I think you should make yourself one, too! You deserve one!

Here's a big hug, please try not to be too sad. I know it's hard, my mom is gone too, so I feel your loss. But you know she's watching and blessing you and is so proud you used her fabrics to make such a lovely gift for your sister. Jammin' Jane is right - you deserve to make one for yourself, too.

Enjoy your visit with your sister. God bless you both.

I am sorry you lost your Mom. That will make tomorrow hard, I am sure. The purse is beautiful. I "third" Jammin' Jane. Youdeserve one for yourself too.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Mother's day is a celebration about our Mother's and their love for us. I pray that tomorrow will be a celebration for you and your sister, with memories of your wonderful Mother. God Bless.

I am SO SORRY for your loss. I lost my mom in December and know that this is a very difficult weekend.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for your loss.

Jim
    Sorry about your MOM...I have lost my MOM to alzheimer's, she doesnt remember anything for more than 3 minutes...its such a tragic disease...Happy Mother's Day to all mothers

I'm so sad for you, do something special tomorrow that you know would have made your mom smile. How very sweet of you to make a gift for your sister......happy mothers day to all the mom's

The purse is very pretty and I hope you have made one for yourself as well. Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast