Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A Purse Full of Memories

So sorry for your loss.
    The bag is beautiful.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry for your loss. The bag is a wonderful gift. I, too, do not have a mom, but I wish all women friends happy mothers day. My mom has been in heaven for 13 years now. She was not really a sewer, she loved to crochet and that she did very well.

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. Beautiful purse.

I am so sorry that you lost your mother, may you just reflect on fond memories today and know that your sister is blessed to have a thoughtful sister like you to help remember Mom.

Blog Entries
    If flowers grow in heaven, Lord, please pick a bunch for me ▬▬▬ place them in my Mom's arms and tell her they're from me. ▬▬▬ Tell her that I love and miss her, and when she turns to smile, ( ◕‿◕。) ღ ❤ place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
    If flowers grow in heaven, Lord, please pick a bunch for me ▬▬▬ place them in my Mom's arms and tell her they're from me. ▬▬▬ Tell her that I love and miss her, and when she turns to smile, ( ◕‿◕。) ღ ❤ place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for a while.
    I want you to know, you made me cry. That is the sweetest thing. Thanks for sharing it, even if it did bring tears.

I am so very sorry for your Loss. Wonderful that you could make something for your sister.My God bless you.

Sorry for the loss of your MOM.your bag is so very beautiful,the colours are so gorgeous.

Happy Mothers Day, To Everyone.

I'm sorry for your loss - I lost my mother 2 years ago, after spending six months of caring for her. I think your purse is beautiful, and a wonderful idea. I actually have some of her shirts I want to incorporate into a quilt for my brothers.

The purse is beautiful and a wonderful way to remember Mom. I also no longer have my Mom. Wish I did.

Losing a mother is so painful. What a lovely gift for your sister.

Beautiful fabric, it will be a great reminder of your MOM

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So sorry about your mother's passing. I lost my mother in 1999. She had gone in to the doctor's to get rid of that cough before winter set in, and they found cancer--a rare, extremely agressive type-- and she was gone eight days later. Found a bag in her sewing room with 14 completed log cabin blocks and all the strips cut to make her first pieced quilt. I took it home, finished it, then gave it to my Dad that year for Christmas. It healed me with every stitch.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, especially hard when it was unexpected. This beautiful purse will be such a comfort for your sister. I hope you can make something with the other material for yourself. I remember wearing my father's sweatshirt for a long time after his passing. Just felt good to be close to something of his. I will get to be with my mother today, but will cherish each moment with her as there probably won't be as many years left as I would like there to be.

I'm sorry for your loss. The purse is beautiful and I'm sure your sister will treasure it.

Lucy,
    I'm sorry for your loss. My Mom has been gone 12 years, she went to Heaven far too early. I think the purse you made for your sister is lovely. Mom will always be in your heart and memories.
    hugs,
    Sharon

Bev
    I'm very sorry about the loss of your mom. This is a hard day to get through, I imagine. The bag is very lovely and will bring some happy memories to your sister in the years to come. It was a sweet gesture on your part.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers and Grandmothers!!! I too lost my Mother many many years ago,but she is always in my heart. Now I celebrate with my daughters. It is very sad to lose your Mom. What a blessing that you found all the fabric and made such a beautiful gift with it. You are a special lady.

How especially wonderful! Yo are a sweet sister!

How especially wonderful! You are a sweet sister!

Great bag.. I am so sorry for your loss. No mom to celebrate here either. Take care!!

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful bag. Beautiful gift. Great idea! Love what you did and why. I am sure your sister will treasure it. Did you make one for yourself too? You should. Lost my Mom unexpectedly 20 years ago. Still have the urge to call her now and then. My daughter just called me so that helps a lot.

Ohhhh, that makes me tear up too. I miss my mom so much!
    Thanks for the beautiful poem!

I too am so sorry about your mom. The purse you made was beautiful and so
    nice of you to do for your sister! I am sure your mom would be proud of you!
    I hope you make a nice bag for yourself....a kind of last gift from your mom!

I am sorry for your loss.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast