Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A Purse Full of Memories

Awww. Pretty bag. How sweet of you to do that for your sister. Yes, I spent the afternoon with my Mom and I am thankful for the time I have to spend with her.

Blog Entries
    Lucy -
    The purse is adorable... Your mother had excellent taste! Your sister will especially love the purse because of your mom's influence... so sorry for your loss. My mother is dying of cancer -- we don't know how much longer she will be with us. It is very hard, but she has lived a long and productive life. I just pray that she goes with as little suffering as possible.

Blog Entries
    So sorry for your loss. This is my first Mother's Day without my Mom also. Glad you found something to make a rememberance for your sister.

Very sorry about your loss. I lost my mom nearly 10 yrs ago and it's such a difficult time. The bag is beautiful and a very special gift for your sister. Do be sure and make something special for yourself too.

Blog Entries
    so sorry for your loss. As we all say, a mother's loss is so difficult. To this day, remembering it remains much like a deep well of pain. Again as is said, Heaven celebrates them beyond doubt. My memories of my mother are good ones. I lost her to brain cancer and the loss feels like yesterday. I was with her for her last Christmas to sit with her for her churchs celebration, knowing it would be the last Christmas, we would get to share on earth together. Christmas with those memories of her come often and sometimes Mother's day is difficult, and other times not so much. Happy mothers day to all of you out there.

Vickey S.

Quote Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
    If flowers grow in heaven, Lord, please pick a bunch for me ▬▬▬ place them in my Mom's arms and tell her they're from me. ▬▬▬ Tell her that I love and miss her, and when she turns to smile, ( ◕‿◕。) ღ ❤ place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for a while.
    So very beautiful - made cry deep, racking tearful sobs I must have been holding in for so long. My heart hurts when I remember my mom, but I know she is happy in heaven. Thank you so much for this poem.

I too lost my mom many years ago. Mother's Day is the first holiday after mom went to live with Jesus. It was one of the harderst for over 5 years. So my much younger sister sends me a mother's day text and on the Monday after I send her a sister's text. We call it sister's day. This way we both remember our mom and each other.

sorry to hear about your mom...your sister must have been so touched by your thoughtful ingenuity..the purse came out great!

How lovely, I bet your Mother was looking over your shoulder today as you made this for your sister. Sorry you have lost your mother but you seem to have wonderful memories! God Bless you and Happy Mother's day!!

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry I am sure this is an especially hard day for you. I will say prayers for you, Your purse is priceless maybe you can make something special for yourself

Your Mom is looking down from heaven loving what a blessing you did for your sister!!

BIG HUGS!!!!!

Hatchet.

Lovely gift for your sister - she will treasure it. Hope you are holding up okay. It's really hard that first Mother's Day. This is my third without Mom. Hugs!!!

Blog Entries
    THE SPECIAL CREATION
    © Vickey Stamps 4/20/11
    The angel lay upon a bank of clouds looking down upon the world of God’s creation. What a wonderful day it was, for the sky above this bit of earth, was filled with blues of various shades. They seemed to blend and shimmer with a special illumination. Wispy clouds played hide and seek with the sun, seeming to focus on one of the humans, sitting beneath a willow near the edge of a small stream. The human dangled her feet into the rippling waters and smiled as she dreamed of what had been and what would soon be.
    Now she placed a hand upon her stomach, gently rubbing it in a circle. She was large with child. Any day now and it would arrive. She had not wanted to know if it was a boy or girl. She prayed each night that it would be healthy. If it were not, life would go right along and she and her mate would love it just the same. She believed that all of life held reason and had a right to know of love.
    The angel thought to itself, I remember this human before it was allowed to become a human. I was peeking around the corner. I saw the Lord give her grace. What a lucky woman she is. The angel got up and left for there was heavenly music to be about for praises to the King of Kings.
    No sooner had she left, than she was replaced by another, who also looked down. I remember when this young woman was being prepared for birth. I saw the Lord give her joy. She watched as had the other angel, then went about her way.
    First one and than another looked down upon the unsuspecting human beneath the tree, each remembering a gift, they had witness the Lord giving her. There was an inner beauty placed within her, not to mention a talent of helpfulness, a need to pray for others, a spirit of laughter and patience. There was strength given, that this human would be able to go hours without rest, while caring for a child or other loved one. There was the ability to be a good neighbor, and have a loving heart for others. There was the ability to be a teacher that her child might learn right from wrong. There was endurance to keep on, when others gave up. There was faith and hope. There was charity. There was a peace that would not go away no matter what went on in her world. This human was one of his extra special creations.
    Finally the angels had all come and had gone. Now the Lord approached. He had a twinkle in His eye and a smile upon his face. Being who He was, he had heard clearly the angels as they lay on the bank of the cloud, one by one, recalling the various gifts bestowed upon the human. Now his smile grew larger. I shall have to let them know they all were right about the gifts. I will also tell them of the name for this special person. All like her I have endowed with those attributes. These special creations of mine,may use them freely should they wish. It is always their choice. I have named this wonderful creation ‘Mother’. Having said so, he sent a breeze to caress the cheek of the young woman, with her feet in the stream, dreaming of what tomorrow would bring.
    LIFE WAS GOOD

Happy Mothers Day from Vickey Stamps

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. We lost my mother very unexpectedly almost 18 years ago. I still miss her very much. What a kind thing you have done for your sister. I'm sure that bag will mean a lot to her.

I'm sorry about your Mom. You are a great sister though. What a thoughtful thing to do.

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    You are in our thoughts today as is everyone who has lost a mother, including myself.

The purse you made for your sister is lovely and she will cherish it. I had sort of the same idea: using fabric from mom's stash, I'm making table runners for each of my sisters as their birthdays come up. This way they get a gift from me and from her.

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

Blog Entries
    So sorry for your sudden loss, and wishing you strength to get through your grief. What a wonderful gesture on your part using some of your mother's fabric for a wonderful gift for your sister. I'm sure she will cherish it and think of both of you each time she uses it. Your love for both your mom and your sister has shown up in that beautiful bag.

Blog Entries
    I'm s sorry about your mother's passing, but I am glad you were able to use her fabric to make a keep sake of her. It's great.

So sorry, beautiful reminder for your sister. My Mom recently fell and broke her arm she will turn 92 in July, still very sharp mentally, so my sisters and I take turns being at her home, grateful for such a blessing to serve her who served us for so long.

Your thoughtfulness will not go unnoticed. You will be well rewarded. My mom has passed 5 years ago and she was a sewer. I have her sewing items. My husbands mom, will be 90 on the 23rd. She has dementia and broke his heart this morning to hear she tried to eat her napkin, thought it was bread. We smile and love her. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EACH OF YOU.

I lost my Mom 17 yrs ago and I still have to stop myself from going to the phone to ask her something!!!!! Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom!!!

Sorry for you loss. The purse is beautiful and I'm sure your sister will treasure it. I still have my mom and she is 91 years old. I had her over for dinner with my brothers and I enjoy everyday I can with her. She isn't in the best of health.

Blog Entries
    I'm sure that was therapeutic for you to make that for your sister, and it's going to be a wonderful thing for her to receive. I also have lost my mother, but have wonderful memories to keep me going. {Hug!}

Blog Entries
    Mother's Day is never the same without our own Mom. This year I had a new grandson but then I wished my Mom could have shared the day with him. Don't know if it will ever get easier - hang in there. The bag is a lovely gift.

sorry for your loss hugs to you. What a wounderfull gift.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast