Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: A Purse Full of Memories

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of you Mother. Thoughts and prayers go your way. Glad you were able to do the purse for your sister.

I am so so sorry to learn of your mom's death. The bag you made is beautiful. What a thoughtful person you are to make this keepsake for your sister.
    Hugs,
    Kat

Blog Entries
    my condolances to you. after mom is gone, you think of all the questions you wish you had asked her about her life and times! the purse turned out terrific and i am sure your sister will love it

a regular here
    What a lovly thing for you to do for your sister .Sorry to hear of your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by sewnserge
    Lucy -
    The purse is adorable... Your mother had excellent taste! Your sister will especially love the purse because of your mom's influence... so sorry for your loss. My mother is dying of cancer -- we don't know how much longer she will be with us. It is very hard, but she has lived a long and productive life. I just pray that she goes with as little suffering as possible.
    I will say a prayer for your Mother , that God will take her peacefully and one for you, that God will help you accept her loss and know she is in a better place. I lost my dear Mom 4 years ago and I miss her so much but I she is in a happy place. no pain, no suffering.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your sister is going to love this bag, especially since it came from fabric that belonged to your mom. Prayers from the Ozarks

What a wonderful gift to share with your sister from your mom & you. You will always miss your mom, just know she was precious and you had her for awhile. After 30+ years I still miss mine, but know that I will see her someday. Hang in there...

Sew sweet of you to make a memory for your sister. I know how well that kind of thing eases the pain of such a great loss. Hugs to you all

I am so very sorry for your recent loss! My mother has been gone since 1985... 26 years later, I still want my "mommy." All I can say is treasure the memories, share the stories and believe she will always be with you!!!

So sorry for your loss.My mom was a quilter, but I had no interest in it when she was alive. She has been gone 21 years. How I wish she was here to quilt with me now. The purse is beautiful and Iknow your sister will cherish it.

Sorry to hear of the passing of your mom. What a lovely keepsake for your sister. I have done the same for my sister, it was the xmas present that received the most emotional response. And she loved and appreciated it to the max. Kudos to you !!! Remember to think of yourself also. You also need a hug !!! Auntie B from Saskatchewan.

I am amazed and blessed at all the posts concerning my mom's passing. You have no idea how you have all touched my heart. You don't even know me and yet you all took the time to say such kind things. I am so glad that I joined this board. There are so many wonderful people on here. God has blessed me through all of you.

Blessings to you all!!

Isaiah 40:31

JJC
    [quote=Lucky Lady]My mom passed away unexpectedly three weeks ago. While cleaning out her apartment I came across a box of fabric she had tucked in the back of her bedroom closet. I made this from one of the piece's of fabric to send to my sister. Happy Mother's Day to all you moms. Hope have the opportunity to spend it with your mom.

Blessings![/quote

So sorry for your loss. I too lost my mom just three years ago this mother's day.

What a wonderfuol idea - the purse is very pretty. :)

I love the bag. The fabric is perrfect. Your sister is lucky.

Beautiful purse ! My heart goes out to you at the loss of you Mom; I too lost my Mom 24 years ago and it seems like yesterday until I realize the age of my children. No on replaces a Mom....
    Enjoy the fabric find... I made a quilt of some of the fabric from Mom's closet and hand quilted a queen size quilt just to keep looking at the fabric and feeling it..grieving while quilting. My thoughts and prayers to you.

So sorry for your loss. I know your sister will treasure this bag. How wonderful that you could make it for her. I lost my mother too, 6 years ago at age 93. You're just never ready to let them go, I still miss her so much. God bless you.

what a beauty - it is a memory of your mom

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5