View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Radiana

Originally Posted by ptquilts
If you have ever had to clear out someone else's "stuff" after they have passed, it gives you a whole new perspective on what is and is not important to keep.

Now when I have any doubts about an item, I picture my sister looking at it and rolling her eyes (she's good at that) as she cleans up my house after I am gone.
That is my absolute greatest fear is to leave a mess to my family when I'm gone. Many years ago, could have been fifteen or twenty we bought an eight by ten shed that my brother put together for us. I took two weeks off of work and put all the time into getting organized and making the best use of the shed. When I was done and everything was clutter free and in it's place there were two wonderful things that happened. One, I could suddenly walk on air, I felt as if I was floating, their was no clutter to weigh me down. Life was so sweet for a couple of months while I was able to keep the house tidy. The second thing that happened was that if the Good Lord took me I was ready. I could die in peace knowing that no one would have to clean up after me.