Stuff - as in possessions

Old 05-09-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by carolynbb
Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
I have lots of craft stuff, and would love to get rid of it, but keep thinking that my baby GD might enjoy using it when she's older. I'd hate to have to repurchase....seems rather wasteful. I also keep thinking, well maybe I'll get time someday to make cards again, or scrpbook again, but I really just want to quilt. What would you do? Suggestions?
Same here, have lots of craft stuff I want to keep incase I ever manage to get to it....but finally realized I have to pick one or two crafts and get rid of the other stuff as it is taking over all our living space!! So...I took some to the local senior center and took another load (card making supplies) to the childrens ministry at church (I called first to make sure thaey wanted it). I decided to keep all sewing/material/quilting stuff and crocheting. It actually feels good knowing the senior center ladies are happy and will make good use of the things I gave them and so will the little kids at church.
Thanks...great ideas.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lynneander
Many years ago my husband and I received a serving tray and matching bowls in the shape of fish. We were living in an apartment at the time and put the "gift" and other assorted household items in the storage locker. With our luck, someone broke into the locker and removed everything ... you guessed it, except the "fish" bowls. A thief with taste?
Kinda like that commercial where they steal everything but the old PC?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:16 PM

My husband hoards everything his mother made, bought, sat in, wore, etc. I've tried to put it all in one spot, but it's not easy. Maybe it's an Italian man thing sinc his brother is the same way. Mom must have been really something....
Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 PM

When we moved 4 years ago, after 32 years in the same house. WE SOLD THE HOUSE AND EVERYTHING IN IT AND BOUGHT A PATIO HOME THAT WAS A MODEL AND IT WAS FULLY FURNISHED . PICTURES ON THE WALL AND EVEYTHING. I DO REGRET SOME OF THE STUFF I GOT RID OF, BUT FILLING THIS PLACE UP WITH FABRIC NOW HA!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:59 PM

I shall return to write a novel on this subject! :thumbup: <wave>
Old 07-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by JCquilts
I am trying really hard to de-stuff,, but, I am a born collector and just went through my Moms stuff, and brought home a bunch of her stuff.
So, I am trying to look at everything in my house and determine if it is just stuff, or stuff I really, really want to keep.
Even though I am getting rid of some, I still have a lot of stuff..
cant help it....
------------------------------
I could have written this same song, same words. Right now I have 2 different sides of my sofa filled with..left side...Goodwill drop off area.
Right side...Freecycle...a young couple burnt out needs household stuff, so I went through my kitchen area again and have a back car seat full for them tomorrow. And I have no idea of where it came from after it got out of there, just that there's a lot more room to move around in now.

Later...more is going out. To someone.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Now when I have any doubts about an item, I picture my sister looking at it and rolling her eyes (she's good at that) as she cleans up my house after I am gone.[/quote]
----------------------------------
I picture my kids holding something or other up and asking what on earth did I get this for? And then tossing it in the "Giveaway, throwaway or sell" box.