View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM
sassy granny

Originally Posted by tomilu
Originally Posted by sassy granny
I have one of those too. Mine looks to be older than that. I know for a fact that it is over 60 years old. It also still has bobbin cases and needles. I haven't looked in it lately but I think there is a bobbin or 2 in it. My mom had an old singer machine that used that kind so I was holding on to them. She said I could have it but my sister took it to her house and she won't let me have it. She doesn't even sew. I could really use it but it's not worth hard feelings.
The seller said she had had it for 40 years. Do you know how you date them?
I know, my sis has our grandmother's Red Eye. I will get it if I outlive her, lol.
The one I have was in a store when I worked there as a teenager. The store was bought and sold about 3 times and I went back to work there again after my kids got grown. Everything was still the same old general store. I loved it for that reason. They had a fire while I was there and lost most everything but that survived and the owner gave it to me.
So I know how long it was there, just don't know how long before I ever saw it, but from what I remember, it didn't look new when I first saw it. It might be something to look into just for the heck of it. I wouldn't take anything for it.