View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Grambi

Congrats on on graduating. I am an RN, retired after 30 years. Spent most of them in Labor and Delivery. It has been a wonderful career and there are so many diverse areas that you can work in. Moved 6 times with my husband's career and I had no trouble getting hired in the job and hospital that I wanted. Do you have a specialty area that you want to work in?

There are so many good choices out there for machines. Even though you only piece now, you are very likely going to want to expand your skills. I mainly piece now but the features I wanted were: needle down option, feed dogs that lower, IDT (called that on Pfaff, I'm sure that other machines have different names for it), auto needle threader and large throat space. I have a Pfaff Quilter's Expressions 4.0--I think that is what it is called but it isn't in front of me to check. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Buy from a dealer vs online or at Sam's or Costco. You want a place and person you can go to with question or problems. Try a bunch out. And remember that you are probably going to want to buy more feet for the machine at some point, so check out the price of accessories because they can vary a great deal. I have never paid over $30 for a foot for my Pfaff.

Happy shopping and have fun!