Thread: Gardening
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:25 AM
patmas57

Although weather is still dicey here in the PNW, we had a lovely, sunny, warm afternoon yesterday, and I transplanted the 10 tomato plants and some dill that I bought last Sat. at the Seattle Tilth plant sale. I have two 3x6 foot raised beds and four 3x3 raised beds. I also bought one of those topsy-turvy "tomato trees" last year at the end of the season (for 50% off) and put that together yesterday. It's supposed to hold up to 3 tomato plants, but I put in only 2. I also planted two kinds of garlic last fall, and they are coming up well. Some mixed colorful lettuce and radishes sprouting, plus the potatoes (Red Norland and German Butterball) are coming up. I'll put green beans in one of the 3x3 beds and two yellow crookneck squash in the other two. My little fig tree (on its 3rd year) is budding out, and I have mini cantaloupes and more lettuce sprouting inside.
We just realized this week that one of this year's litter of bunnies has taken up residence in our backyard, which is driving our lab mix nuts and making me nervous for my veggies. Bad choice bunny! I scold him while he hides inside the woodpile. He has an escape hole under the back fence, and we're hoping to block him from coming back in that way.