Thread: Gardening
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Anne P

I got several flower plants from my DD for Mother's Day, as well as a hydrangea from DH. I sorted the flowers by light need and set them outside. I think the weather is supposed to be sunnier tomorrow and Friday, so am planning to get everything into the ground. I wnt to get more flowers, though. Gotta have my pansies and petunias, as well as more geraniums. I used to do marigolds, but the slugs get those so badly I quit planting them.

I also will get plants for the vegetable garden, such as tomatoes, peas, beans, carrots, onions, lettuce, peppers, and brussel sprouts. I'm trying to stick to plants that will either peak early or will winter over because I think it might be another cool summer.
We have two apple trees and two cherry trees, also. I have some chives and a couple of herbs in with the veggies.

I love to garden and am planning to do more canning this year, partly because of the economy and also because I'm reetired now and have more time. However, I still want to do a lot of quilting so will need to budget my time. Love to do a lot of patio sitting with DH, too. It's a good thing the days are longer!
Happy gardening everyone.