View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by beckalou
About a week ago I posted on here about a problem I was having with a block for a Storm at Sea quilt. Someone suggested that I paper piece the block, so that's what I am doing.
Sorry. I think that was me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your diamonds looks fabulous. Great seam allowances, which should make it fit together very easily with the other subunits in the block.

I would not take the paper off until the whole quilt top is pieced together. There is no reason. And if it's sewn on paper w/o the seam allowance (I think you were going that route), even less reason to take it off now. The paper is doing it's job. Leave it on.

As for trimming, I would pp a bunch of blocks, take a break, press and trim the bunch, then go back to sewing. Or whatever method works for you. I don't know if you're going traditional or multiple colors. As long as you can keep track of your plan, it's all good.

When I'm done sewing all the pp subunits, then I'd start putting the blocks together. If you're organized and work in a semi-cleared space (and I am such a hypocrite to even write those words), it should all go together relatively easily.

It's a great feeling when they're all in their little piles, and you're not digging for the next piece.

When you have at least one of each piece done, I would probably do a test block to make sure all my foundations are actually all really fitting together well.

I can't wait to see it until it's done.