View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM
margecam52

First version for the pinapple looking blocks...then in the center, I would opt to echo the appliques, and instead of the feathers in the yellow sashings, I'd opt for a more open leafy vine...with just a few leaves, a curvy line and a tendral out now and again...maybe a small flower in the very center with tendrals leading to the vines going in all directions.
On the border, I'd also echo the applique...maybe twice..and have tendrals come out to fill in more open areas. Sometimes a little less quilting makes the quilt. If you want to stay with the theme of the 30's fabrics, leave out any stippling/meandering..stick with simple echos, vines, leaves and if you don't like the idea of tendrals (like the little squigleys off a grapevine), then do straight lines from the appliques out on the border, skipping over the applique, that you will have echoed already. Keep those lines straight and even out like piano keys.
Do the same for the inside blocks where the appliqued flowers are.

Originally Posted by bamamama
This is a customer quilt. It is so pretty I want to quilt it really nice and she told me to do what I want and $ is no object...

I'd feel more comfortable offering her 2 price options so this what I came up with. Does anyone have other ideas? I'd like to hear them.

I don't draw well but I think you can get what I'm thinking of doing.