Thread: I hate movers!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:13 PM
cjk

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
cjk did you pack the boxes or did they? If they did the packing then they are responsible. If they are reluctant to work with you then I would file a claim in small claims court or tell them that you will do that. Maybe it will scare them enough to pay for the damages. If they refuse to pay tell them "see you in court" and "I plan to file a report with the better business bureau" then do it!! I don't think it's too expensive to file. I am sure you will win your case against them. What state are you are in? Call the city hall or the local chamber of commerce in your town and ask them if there is a legal aid society there. Most counties have a legal aid society. They will help you with a case if you can't afford to pay a lawyer. Sometimes they are lawyers just starting out kinda like going to the beauty college to get a hair cut. Costs about 1/4 of the regular price or sometimes free depending on your income. Like the others said, take lots of photos and keep all the packaging materials. Sorry this happened to you...
crafty_linda_b
Sadly I packed everything. I know I packed it better then they would have but I now know that is a loop hole.