Old 05-15-2011, 06:59 PM
nightquilter

First of all I have been making quilt tops for 5 years and love it! about 7 months ago my sweet mother wanted to do something for me which she and my late daddy has given me my sisters and brothers gifts befor.This time She wanted me to have a long arm quilting machine, so I did my research and found a bailey and a grace pro frame at a great price.I have quilted 4 quilts so far and I am not as good as I want to be( I know that sounds really bad) but I want to be able to do a good job.The quilt I have in now I have taken out once already!My skills are needing help ,where can I find some help? My lqs is out of the question because I didn't buy their system, priced at 12 to 13 thousand. I usually dont let anything buffalo me, but this has to the point where I have thought of selling my machine and frame. This is not me and now I am ready to fight back maybe this time with more education and maybe just buying some muslin at wal-mart and making a sampler or something like that to work on my skills. Has any one used the boards and stylus?I used pantograph these are ok. What has been the best help for all the long arm owners on this board? I know this may be a silly post to most people but I am so timid of this machine :-(