Old 05-16-2011, 07:16 AM
clynns

I bought a glass top stove. I cleaned it after EVERY use with the polish that you can buy especially for glass tops. The pans left rings 'burnt into' the top. My pans were brand new (3 weeks old, got them from Christmas). They were $400.00 pans from Belgique. After not being able to clean my top, I called Sears and told them and they replaced the top. That year I tried to do my canning on it. Since the largest burner is about 10 inches wide and the canner was about 16 inches wide it left marks AGAIN in my stove top. As I sat there and cried, I'd had enough. I called Sears again. They said they had already replaced it once. I said yes, I know, but I didn't realize when I bought it that I coldn't do things on it that I used to do on my electric top. I told them to come and get it or I would drop it off at their door. Before I hung up with them, they had made arrangements to come and pick it up. I took better care of that range top than I did my cats. It still 'burned on'. The pattern of the elements is what shows in black. I think the concept if great. They look beautiful but I wasn't paying $1200.00 for a top that looks years old after the first use. Knowing what I know now, I'll never have another one.