View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM
sgardner

I too want to do the swap, but I'd rather play a game of White Elephant, where we each get assigned a random number and we go in order- 1st person gets their pick, 2nd person can pick either a new quilt or take #1's choice, and then #1 has to choose again. Each quilt can only move twice. And then when they are all chosen, they go to their new homes.

With partners, you are making your quilt to the likes of your partner, but with the White Elephant, you are making the quilt and we all get to see them together. That way, we each are free to explore our own techniques for this, and we get to see the wide range of all the quilts. (Some people don't post their pics of their swaps.)

Funny thing is, I was exploring fabric painting and realized that a couple of my samples are easily cut into this size for this project- I'd just have to quilt them on my Long Arm and bind them. With a White Elephant, someone is bound to fall in love this project, but I'm not sure a partner would- KWIM? I'd rather my hard work go to someone who would really love it.

Anyone else up for an (open display for all) White Elephant style swap?