Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Little Quilts in a Blog swap >

Little Quilts in a Blog swap

Little Quilts in a Blog swap

Old 05-17-2011, 07:40 AM

I've gone back and read the rules posted in the link and I think that's the easiest way to have a successful swap. Rhonda suggested I PM Patrice directly so I'll do that now.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:58 AM

Now that I have looked at all the pics, I have a million ideas running through my head.

This has potential to be fun :)
Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by sgardner
get assigned a random number and we go in order- 1st person gets their pick, 2nd person can pick either a new quilt or take #1's choice, and then #1 has to choose again. Each quilt can only move twice. And then when they are all chosen, they go to their new homes.

Anyone else up for an (open display for all) White Elephant style swap?
That is the essence of the swap on this blog. Each quilter gets to choose which one speaks to them. I agree we could have some sort of thing like an auction.

I like your idea but I think you should stop after the random numbers and let #1 choose and then # 2 etc. No taking anyone else's choice from them. Will this cause hurt feelings? If the person who has to wait til last or almost last feel slighted?

I'll agree to that- no choosing a quilt that has been already picked. But, I did go through the list that was posted on the link, and quite a ways down did I find quilts that I thought were darling! It's different for each person- the first person might have a hard time choosing from all the good entries, the later you get, the more that one or two will stand out at you, making the choice easier.

Will the last quilt person feel slighted? Hard to say- it there are only 10 of us, probably not, but if there are 100 of us, probably. I don't mind a little bit of pressure to make it cute enough or unique enough that it will speak to somebody. If everyone tries hard to make an artistic impression with the mini, then it won't be an issue.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:19 PM

sweet quilt show thanks!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
get assigned a random number and we go in order- 1st person gets their pick, 2nd person can pick either a new quilt or take #1's choice, and then #1 has to choose again. Each quilt can only move twice. And then when they are all chosen, they go to their new homes.

Anyone else up for an (open display for all) White Elephant style swap?
That is the essence of the swap on this blog. Each quilter gets to choose which one speaks to them. I agree we could have some sort of thing like an auction.

I like your idea but I think you should stop after the random numbers and let #1 choose and then # 2 etc. No taking anyone else's choice from them. Will this cause hurt feelings? If the person who has to wait til last or almost last feel slighted?

I'll agree to that- no choosing a quilt that has been already picked. But, I did go through the list that was posted on the link, and quite a ways down did I find quilts that I thought were darling! It's different for each person- the first person might have a hard time choosing from all the good entries, the later you get, the more that one or two will stand out at you, making the choice easier.

Will the last quilt person feel slighted? Hard to say- it there are only 10 of us, probably not, but if there are 100 of us, probably. I don't mind a little bit of pressure to make it cute enough or unique enough that it will speak to somebody. If everyone tries hard to make an artistic impression with the mini, then it won't be an issue.
I'm working on steamlining the rules that were posted on the link Rhonda gave us. Then I have to send them to PatriceJ for approval.
As far as who gets what I am going to do it the same way the other group did it. Everyone sends in 10-12 choices in preference order and that way most everyone gets something they like. Give me a week or so to work everything out with PatriceJ then I'll let everyone know if it's going to fly.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Sounds good Shelley! Will wait to hear. I'm already thinking thinking......! LOL