Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Little Quilts in a Blog swap

  1. #1
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,798
    Blog Entries
    50
    While blog surfing I came across this site! It is a fantastic collection of little quilts. The swap rules say that each quilt must be the size of a sheet of copy paper.

    I would love to have had any one of them but some of them knock my socks off!

    http://anotherlittlequiltswap.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    very cute

  3. #3
    Super Member Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,902
    Blog Entries
    1
    Amazing little quilts.

  4. #4
    Super Member heather1949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    9,071
    They where gorgeous and even one came to live in Australia.

  5. #5
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,798
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by heather1949
    They where gorgeous and even one came to live in Australia.
    One of the things I enjoyed was seeing where they all went to live!

    There are more if you click on the other years.

  6. #6
    Super Member ssnare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arma, Kansas
    Posts
    3,403
    Wow!

  7. #7
    Junior Member wyckedquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middle of the Mitten
    Posts
    295
    Very cool idea... :)

  8. #8
    Super Member Mamaskeeto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FLORISSANT, MO
    Posts
    1,390
    What fun little quilts. Thanks for sharing the link.

  9. #9
    Super Member BonniFeltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
    What fun little quilts. Thanks for sharing the link.
    Those were cute and what a great idea. Small enough to easily mail and yet large enough to have a wide variety of options available. That would be a cute swap for somebody to do here.

  10. #10
    Senior Member hoppyfrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    756
    Rhonda, this would be fun to do on our site too. I'm game to be the hostess if anyone is interested.

  11. #11
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    new york state
    Posts
    10,516
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thank You for the show. Those quilts are fantastic. I think it would be a fun swap.

  12. #12
    Super Member BonniFeltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
    What fun little quilts. Thanks for sharing the link.
    Those were cute and what a great idea. Small enough to easily mail and yet large enough to have a wide variety of options available. That would be a cute swap for somebody to do here.
    I think I would be interested.

  13. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    1,099
    If it hasn't been done here...maybe it should be. Could you see some of the quilts that these quilters on this board would come up with. It would be amazing I am sure. To splash all their talents into a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of fabric...WOWser.

  14. #14
    Power Poster lynnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    37,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    that sounds like a really fun swap

  15. #15
    Super Member quiltaroni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    cornwall ontario canada
    Posts
    1,075
    Those quilts are what my Mum would have called Hearts of Work.

  16. #16
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,798
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
    Rhonda, this would be fun to do on our site too. I'm game to be the hostess if anyone is interested.
    I'm game! Go for it. You have to have your rules ready and then have it approved by Patrice.

    Would you have everyone pick which ones they wanted like the hostess on that site did? She has them list their top favorites and then first come first served is my understanding. So I would list my top 10 and if I post my list before you then I get my first choice and you would get your second choice if we both had picked the same one for first choice. Sounds a bit complicated to me but it might work well.

  17. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Silver Springs, NV
    Posts
    2,664
    on these little cuties, I have a queston, Are they all hand sewed.. Everything is so small, or do they use a iron on bonding then sew around. For such a small item they had some beautiful things made. Just beautiful.

  18. #18
    Super Member calla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,594
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rhonda, thanks again and again for the templates. I have been playing around with them.......thanks too for the link to little quilts............calla

  19. #19
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,505
    Blog Entries
    3
    Oh Rhonda! They are adorable. Maybe we could do an exchange as that in the doll quilt swap! :) thanks for sharing.

    Sharon

  20. #20
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,505
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
    Rhonda, this would be fun to do on our site too. I'm game to be the hostess if anyone is interested.
    I'm game! Go for it. You have to have your rules ready and then have it approved by Patrice.

    Would you have everyone pick which ones they wanted like the hostess on that site did? She has them list their top favorites and then first come first served is my understanding. So I would list my top 10 and if I post my list before you then I get my first choice and you would get your second choice if we both had picked the same one for first choice. Sounds a bit complicated to me but it might work well.
    That all sounds soooooooo complicated! Maybe just sign up and do a drawing of name partners as in all the swaps?? Maybe list your favorite likes ... applique, nine patch calico etc batiks, houses, animals... scene etc ?

  21. #21
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,798
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    on these little cuties, I have a queston, Are they all hand sewed.. Everything is so small, or do they use a iron on bonding then sew around. For such a small item they had some beautiful things made. Just beautiful.
    Cheryl if you click on the links on the right on that page they show up close pictures of them. I believe they send in the pictures to her and she posted them long before the actual quilts were listed. I think they voted on which one they wanted and what I posted for all to see was the recap of who got what. so if you keep going on the site there are closeups of them all and comments by the makers.

    They weren't all cloth. some are art quilts and only 50 percent cloth or so I read in the rules.

  22. #22
    Super Member BonniFeltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    on these little cuties, I have a queston, Are they all hand sewed.. Everything is so small, or do they use a iron on bonding then sew around. For such a small item they had some beautiful things made. Just beautiful.
    Cheryl if you click on the links on the right on that page they show up close pictures of them. I believe they send in the pictures to her and she posted them long before the actual quilts were listed. I think they voted on which one they wanted and what I posted for all to see was the recap of who got what. so if you keep going on the site there are closeups of them all and comments by the makers.

    They weren't all cloth. some are art quilts and only 50 percent cloth or so I read in the rules.
    I would think that you could do whichever method you like. In that matter, doing like we have done before and list what we would do or what we like: applique, hand stitched, fused, etc.

    They aren't all done the same way so there is a variety of ways to do things. I kinda like the partner idea. To me I think it would be less confusing but then it would be up to whomever ran the swap.

  23. #23
    Super Member jillnjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,630
    What an enjoyable little quilt show! Looks like fun.

  24. #24
    Super Member juneayerza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    2,257
    Thanks for posting these, great eye candy!

  25. #25
    Super Member babyboomerquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,732
    Blog Entries
    3
    Cute little quilts Thanks for the link!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.