Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Little Quilts in a Blog swap >

Little Quilts in a Blog swap

Little Quilts in a Blog swap

Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
on these little cuties, I have a queston, Are they all hand sewed.. Everything is so small, or do they use a iron on bonding then sew around. For such a small item they had some beautiful things made. Just beautiful.
Cheryl if you click on the links on the right on that page they show up close pictures of them. I believe they send in the pictures to her and she posted them long before the actual quilts were listed. I think they voted on which one they wanted and what I posted for all to see was the recap of who got what. so if you keep going on the site there are closeups of them all and comments by the makers.

They weren't all cloth. some are art quilts and only 50 percent cloth or so I read in the rules.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
on these little cuties, I have a queston, Are they all hand sewed.. Everything is so small, or do they use a iron on bonding then sew around. For such a small item they had some beautiful things made. Just beautiful.
Cheryl if you click on the links on the right on that page they show up close pictures of them. I believe they send in the pictures to her and she posted them long before the actual quilts were listed. I think they voted on which one they wanted and what I posted for all to see was the recap of who got what. so if you keep going on the site there are closeups of them all and comments by the makers.

They weren't all cloth. some are art quilts and only 50 percent cloth or so I read in the rules.
I would think that you could do whichever method you like. In that matter, doing like we have done before and list what we would do or what we like: applique, hand stitched, fused, etc.

They aren't all done the same way so there is a variety of ways to do things. I kinda like the partner idea. To me I think it would be less confusing but then it would be up to whomever ran the swap.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM

What an enjoyable little quilt show! Looks like fun.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:42 PM

Thanks for posting these, great eye candy!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM

Cute little quilts Thanks for the link!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:28 PM

What a neat swap and then to know where they all went.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM

I too want to do the swap, but I'd rather play a game of White Elephant, where we each get assigned a random number and we go in order- 1st person gets their pick, 2nd person can pick either a new quilt or take #1's choice, and then #1 has to choose again. Each quilt can only move twice. And then when they are all chosen, they go to their new homes.

With partners, you are making your quilt to the likes of your partner, but with the White Elephant, you are making the quilt and we all get to see them together. That way, we each are free to explore our own techniques for this, and we get to see the wide range of all the quilts. (Some people don't post their pics of their swaps.)

Funny thing is, I was exploring fabric painting and realized that a couple of my samples are easily cut into this size for this project- I'd just have to quilt them on my Long Arm and bind them. With a White Elephant, someone is bound to fall in love this project, but I'm not sure a partner would- KWIM? I'd rather my hard work go to someone who would really love it.

Anyone else up for an (open display for all) White Elephant style swap?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sgardner
get assigned a random number and we go in order- 1st person gets their pick, 2nd person can pick either a new quilt or take #1's choice, and then #1 has to choose again. Each quilt can only move twice. And then when they are all chosen, they go to their new homes.

Anyone else up for an (open display for all) White Elephant style swap?
That is the essence of the swap on this blog. Each quilter gets to choose which one speaks to them. I agree we could have some sort of thing like an auction.

I like your idea but I think you should stop after the random numbers and let #1 choose and then # 2 etc. No taking anyone else's choice from them. Will this cause hurt feelings? If the person who has to wait til last or almost last feel slighted?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 PM

What great quilts! Thanks for sharing the link! A swap would be neat!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 AM

I've sent an inquiry to Admin about this idea. Waiting to hear back from them.
I don't care for the white elephant idea for the same reasons Rhonda listed above. Also no partners. First finished picks first and so on. This is the only way everyone has the freedom to creat anything they'd like using which ever method they're comfortable with.
Let's wait and see what admin thinks.