View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 02:57 AM
leatheflea

Over the last few months things have been very hectic and I haven't had much free time. Computer issues, sewing machine issues, family issues....well heck I've got issues! But alas I've a picture and can actually post. For many weeks I couldn't even get on the board due to computer issues. To the board members that so kindly donated blocks, a heartfelt thank you. When I gave her the quilt she was so taken she didn't say a word. As she read through the letters the tears began to flow. I don't know what you wrote and probably never will but I hope that something has sparked her will to live. She's down to 100 lbs, has very little hair, and stares off into space most of the time. This week she will have a six month checkup to see if the cancer has returned. The doctor told her mom if she fights she could have up to five years but its up to Stephanie to want to live. Should she get cancer again there's nothing they can do. In my opinion I think shes doing well, she weened herself off of all pain meds which in her case is good, they say that most patients having the treatment that she had never get off the pain meds. So hopefully something inside her wants to live, it may just be a long process to get her smiling again. She tries so hard to smile, but its weak and fake, but I'll take it as "the Will". Well anyway I could go on forever about how its effected us all. Here's the final product, the bag for the quilt was also made by a donation from the group. I put all the letters and envelopes from the board members inside the bag with the quilt. Again a great big hug from me and her mom.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-198161.jpe   attachment-198162.jpe