View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM
vivientan

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Great quilt and is that cute child in the picture the lucky recipient? Absolutely adorable.

And no you are absolutely NOT the only quilter that takes that long to finish a quilt. Every quilt I have hand quilted has taken at least that long which would explain why I have only completed 3 handquilted quilts and am working on my 4th. I have been working on this WIP since before I joined this board. I finished the piecing over 2 years ago and still handquilting away at it. Let's see, I bought the fabric for it about 5 years ago where it waited patiently in my stash for me to start it. I probably finished piecing it about 2 1/2 years ago. Sat around for a few months waiting to be sandwiched and basted and I have been plugging away at it fairly steadily since then. There are weeks when I don't touch it and then work on it religiously every evening while watching TV with DH. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now and am almost done with the center of the quilt and on to the borders. I hope to have it done in time to enter it in the local show here in September so am feeling the pressure of completion now.
Yes, that's my elder girl Edith and she's the proud recipient of the quilt! :D I promised her the quilt for Christmas 3 years ago and it is a delayed pressie year after year. Now it's the middle of May, Christmas' over and her birthday's over....so it will just be a gift of love from my heart.

I love to hand quilt too and have finished 3 other handquilted projects. As this is a huge one, I decided to MQ instead. I'm sure you could finish your current project in no time and it would be beautiful! Good luck in the quilt show! :)