Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 PM
mzsooz

Originally Posted by Ps 150
My oldest daughter has always been our girly girl and my youngest daughter has always been our tomboy. It seems that they've been rubbing off on each other in the past year as my youngest daughter changed her favorite color to pink (though she's still a Giants football fan) and my oldest daughter still loves her Cinderella dolls but recently started loving dinosaurs. A friend gave me this fabric panel of dinosaurs and I was attempting to make it into a simple wall hanging when my daughter asked me to make into a quilt for her bed.

My question is this; she's still mainly a girly girl but wants this very drab fabric panel made into a bed quilt that's not too drab for her girly tastes. I'm coming up blank here. If I were making it for a boy, I would use lots of forest colors in it but not sure what to do with it as a girls quilt. I was thinking of using an autumn yellowish-orange-red (using the colors in the background of the panel and the reddish oranges in the dinosaurs) to brighten it up a bit and making this the center, but I'm just not entirely sure.
Would love to know where your friend got this panel. My DH is a paleontologist and I would love to get this for him. I've wanted to make him a quilt for a long time and this would be perfect!!

And why can't girls like the forest colors? I wouldn't make it too bright or it will detract from the panel and make it look washed out.