Old 05-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

The "Reader's Digest" version of the instructions on my bias bars: 1"-1 1/2" strip of bias, fold it in half, draw a seam line from the fold line slightly wider than the bias bar, stitch along that line, and then cut off the excess.

Am I the only one who thinks that method is wasteful, time consuming, and STUPID? Maybe that might fly with your typical stained glass quilt project, but I'm working on 8 wallhangings and each one requires like a football field worth of bias tape.

One of the images I'm re-creating in fabric:
[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/SariaTWW.png[/IMG]

Seems like some of the excess fabric could have been used to make tape. And drawing the seam lines on ALL that bias tape...aw HECK NO! I already have my work cut out for me, thank you.

ctquiltingvideos had a YouTube tutorial on how to use bias bars and the instructions on their bars told them exactly what width to cut their strips and there was no waste. I was wondering if anyone had a set of bias bars that tells you what widths to cut your strips and could tell me what widths I need to make 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", and 3/16" bias tape.