Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM
dunster
Power Poster

I purchased the Rowenta pink iron (profits go to breast cancer) in March of 2008. I loved the iron, but it started having problems within a few months. The auto-off feature would engage even when the iron was in motion, and it was hard to get the iron to come back on. I sent the iron in for repairs under warranty. There are only 2 Rowenta repair shops, one on the west coast and one on the east coast. I live in Oregon, so it went to the repair shop in California. Well, long story short, they lost my iron, claimed they never received it, finally found it after receiving proof of delivery from Fedex, promised to have a new iron sent right away (but delayed to do so for another 2 weeks), were rude to me on the phone, promised to call back on several occasion (and didn't). It took over 2 months for me to get the new iron. Fortunately I still had my very old Sunbeam to use in the interim.

Now I'm using the replacement iron, and I love it, but if and when it stops working I will NEVER purchase another iron from Rowenta. I also sent them a detailed letter about the dismal service I received from their repair shop, and all I received was a "so sorry" email.

I have noticed that Costco occasionally has Rowenta irons, and their return policy is wonderful. I wish I had bought the iron from them.