Old 05-21-2011, 06:48 AM
KLO

Amma, I am currently not able to post photos, sorry.

susanwilley, This morning my DH was able to tap/knock one of the long sides of the bottom frame off. You are absolutely correct. There are small dowels holding the sides together which he also thought. He said they were probably also glued but that has all dried up over time. Looks like it popped off cleanly. So he will mill a piece of wood for the bottom and slide it in then replace the long side. One of the small triangular pieces of wood that was in each of the corners of the bottom was missing and one was loose so he will make a new one then reattach both. That appears to be what holds the machine up in the correct, flat position so that it won't fall into the new bottom piece which is not made for supporting the machine at all. It just keeps the base sealed so dirt, dust, etc. don't get up into the bottom of the machine. So, I guess the $15.00 that I spent for this little machine was worth it!!! May have to check out the wiring a bit more thoroughly yet and clean it up good. DH loves to figure out how to fix something like this. Guess we both got pleasure from this purchase.