View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:36 PM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I'm sure you guys are rght about the brown border, I should have measured across the middle, then cut it, that's the way I usually do it, but I didn't this time.

However, I think my real problem here is the inside border, it's kind of hard to explain on here, but if you look close, you will see that I have 12 identical blocks in the middle, and those are pp, and then I tried to copy the pattern onto the first border and I kind of had to make it up as I went along. You can see that my inner border does not actually line up with my center... I'm guessing if I take off both borders, square up all my rectangles in my inner border, and put it back on, I think it might end up more square. I'm not sure I'm willing to put in that much effort, though, lol!

AAAArrrrgh, ok, maybe I should, I just hate ripping out seams.
I've gone cross eyed staring at the pattern, but I see what you mean, and I think you're right. Re-doing that border and then measuring and re-doing the brown border would fix it.
It depends on how much the ruffle is bothering you. If you haven't gone any further with it, I think it's a good indication that it is really bugging you.
I had one like this, it sat on my design wall for about a month, I just couldn't get the motivation to continue with it, and it was the same reason, things hadn't lined up and I wasn't happy with it. I did end up pulling large chunks of it apart and redoing them, and now I'm really pleased I did. The rest has "flowed", and I'm enthusiastic about it again.