Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Rose L

I have a Bailey machine and there are no dealers or reps available anywhere in my area. In fact there are only two reps in the US and one in Canada. I knew that going in and still bought my machine which is mfg. in NY. There is no training available. All I can say is that it's just a sewing machine. Don't let it scare you. I can't speak to the computer part of your set up because I don't have one but I can tell you that you should plan on spending a good six months of practice to get beyond the learning curve. As you practice you'll learn the ins and outs of your machine, you'll start to recognize various noises that it makes and what they mean. You'll finally find your personal groove and will be comfortable in the way you stand, sit and hold your arms and hands to give you the stability that you need to make smooth motions with the machine. When everyone says practice practice practice this is exactly what it takes. If you get frustrated just walk away for a while, have some wine and go back to it when you're ready. Just don't walk away for good. It really will take some time to get it all figured out. Then you'll move on to bliss...I promise!