Old 05-22-2011, 06:28 AM
ladyinpurple135

I am a proud Mama of 4 FWs. The first one was purchased maybe 30 years ago for $175 - no attachments, no case - just the basics - felt very lucky. She needs a trip to the hospital for a littloe check-up. The second one is white/mint that I purchased from a friend just a few year ago. Beautiful and sews like a dream - no surprise there. Third is s beutiful 222 I picked up in Pigeon Forge a couplel years ago from am wonderful man who comes to shows from MO. I told my friends to drag me away from th red ones- which they did butn them directed me to this terrific 222 - good price so she came home. Just this last March I ran into the same man at the AQS Lancaster show - and there was another red FW - my dream machine, although the medium purple one caught my eye, too. I walked away to think about it - if she was still there when I was ready to leave then she was mine. Lucy came home with a few extras I added - feet, bobbins andn a 1/4 inch foot for my 301 long bed (tan).

I'm thinking of trading in my first purchase on something from near Sep 1, 1947 if I can find one (my BD). I've read that the ones from 1947 are hard to find. We have a local guy who vends at shows sand is also a repairman so I'm going to check with him in June when In see him at as local show. He also vends at one of my guild's shows but that isn't until Sep 2011.

I'll try to get all the girls out and take some pictures one of these days.

Thanks,
Sandy in Mooresville, NC