View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 05:31 PM
MarieM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
I didn't join the board until March, but I hadn't purchased any fabric since last fall. Here it is May, and I still haven't bought any. I am sooooo tempted by all the sales posted on the board, though. I owe my DGD [almost 2] a quilt and have the sashing and antique blocks. However, I need another focus fabric for the alternate blocks. I think I'll have to piece those in order to not buy fabric.
The orginal rules were that you could purchase new to complete something you've already started so I think your covered to purchase new.

There have been a few sales that I have purchase backings for tops I already had completed (or at least started) and a few other things that I had committed to make for others that have required me to purchase fabric. I've really cut back on my purchases of fabric but have since started buying vintage sewing machines. Not sure I've saved any money but have reallocated my funds.

I do have to say I love the fact that I'm completing UFO's and using stash, it really helps w/the clutter in my sewing loft.