View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 05:53 PM
jojo47

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by cafegold2
Welcome to Nursing. I loved it and was never sorry . Perhaps consider a basic machine and start on your masters degree soon with the rest of your gift.
Masters UGH,LOL.I bet more school it the last thing she is thinking of right now. Speaking as a nurse that has been up and down the ladder I suggest getting a good solid floor nursing foundation, So many young nurses climb the ladder too fast because administration pushes education, I have seen bedside nursing skills drasticly decline over the last several years. Most administative nurses have totaly forgotten the reality of bedside nursing and what it takes. I can speak from both ends I have been everywhere on the ladder from aide,to Director of Nursing and now reside on night shift back on one of the lower rungs lol.
I hear you on the decrease in nursing skills....There is a nurse where I work who says it's "not in her job description" to change the briefs of our incontinent residents. (I work in a facility for mentally and physically challenged adults.) For heaven's sake, who did it when Florence Nightingale was working!? I'll bet she didn't even HAVE an aide to help her! Sorry, I just had to vent a bit.